Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ten weeks @ Hamburg

No blogging for quite a long time, as I was quite busy with work.... so, finally decided to post one, to share this chunk of my 10 week life in Hamburg...

The first four weeks went really good, as couple of my colleagues were also with me.... we used to roam together in the weekends, and never felt bored at all... But after that, I was lonely most of the time... So, soon decided to buy a vodafone USB stick to connect net in my apartment... And I had to pay 50 Euro for this one month connection which included only 3 GB free usage.... And one weekend, that I went out with my manager, was really good, but after that, for the past two weekends and also this weekend, spending the time just vetti and lonely...

The weather is really good, as they call it still summer here.. Mostly sunny at 15 to 20 degrees, but sometimes it does go down to 12 in day time... Seen many wet days also... Still 20 days to go, and am sure, its only gonna get worse with the start of October....

As a sigh of relief, a colleague is coming from India by next week, so that I can have some company towards the end... Also planning to tour Hamburg with her... Had spent most of the time reading reviews of smart phones, which am planning to buy one...

Hope the remaining 20 days will go in a jiffy, and will be back to Bangalore, and ofcourse planning to eat well to make up for my body weight that seems a bit lost here... Not really finding the food at canteen interesting... Some Indian restaurants are there to help, however the outside restaurants cost really high, and if I make a currency conversion, it seems no value for money... But however, considering the situation and also the taste (compared to the bread), it is good :) And as I am not good at Hindi, finding it difficult to speak with those Punjabi's as well....

Not reading any news at all.... Living a life of my own, with the new Philips Living colors LED light, that adds a any color of my choice at least to my room, if not to my life... I am also lucky that I escaped from the new travel policy in the company, which forces the employees on travel to show 50% bills, else return the unused per diem back to the company... My colleague travelling next week is already highly upset by this new policy, and ofcourse jealous on me :)

Had plans to visit Paris, which I had to drop later, as I felt traveling alone wont be of fun... Also I am quite lazy and bored to travel alone.... But no guarantee that I may get a chance like this later, and with some 200 to 300 Euro, easily I can roam in paris for couple of days, and as I dropped the plan coz I had no company, I definitely feel like I missed a nice opportunity...

I wish I come back to India soon, to taste some good chicken :)

1 comment: