Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sab in Hamburg, Germany !!

OooHa!! Now blogging from Hamburg... Well!! Let me start from the beginning.... One fine morning (sometime in June second week) during a stand up meeting, my manager said I am the next candidate to travel.... I travelled to Tirupati on June 17 and of course prayed to Lord Venkat that everything should go fine.... My travel dates to Hamburg were confirmed on July 17. This time they told that the duration of stay in Hamburg will be 90 days unlike in the case of Manod (my team mate), where he first went to Hamburg on April 27th for a month, then extended another month and then extended yet another month finally making it 90 days (maximum allowed short term travel for an employee in a year)... So I will be staying here till October 14 and will be back to India on Oct 15...

I joined the joining party by the juniors on July 16 th night, and it was heavily raining outside.... It was a very good dinner, and I reached home late at 11 PM, and my mom was firing me for coming late.... I had booked a taxi at 12 AM, who tensed me that night by not atttending the call between 12 to 12 30 AM... Many thanks to Sindhu, who gave me the 24 hr help line number of that travels and also for getting me the power adaptor to use my laptop here... However the driver attended the call by 12 45 and came fast to my place to leave me at airport at around 1 30 AM... My parents were accompanying me.....

Two more guys from my company travelled with me (Mano and Sumit)... These guyz have however come for 1 month, and would be leaving early but it is really a good time to roam around in a group during weekends and also we together go to the office.... I really dunno how I ll spend my last two months, because I will be mostly alone, which is not good :(

Manod came to pick me up in the airport. Because it is summer here, the climate is quite good... Although its sunny outside, I still feel cold in my hand and foot.... Here sun rises by 5:00 AM and sets by 10:00 PM... Ppl like sun here so much, because they don't see much traces of it during winter... Last Jan, it snowed here :) I am really worried about my last month of stay, because winter would start by that time....

I had ramp up and down by Manod last week, although I don't think I got to know much.. I am sure I ll be talkin to this guy over office communicator bugging him left and right for so many doubts, which I am sure to get.... I am here for doing system integration of X-Ray modalities :) And I see lot of real hardware here... Except for the third floor in the office, it is mostly like a hardware supply chain industry... Of course they manufacture X-ray machines here....

Here ppl don't stay for a long time in office.. They come by 9 AM and leave before 6 PM.... Even I am going do the same here.... This is my first overseas travel... I travelled via Dubai in Emirates.... Emirates allows to carry 30 Kg luggage in check - in bag which is actually good for me as I am carrying more coz of 3 months stay in contrast to Air France via Paris, which allows only 20 Kg....


This 90 days will be my longer stay away from home and family... But it is good to travel considering my career and getting a good name at client side is what I am looking forward.... Despite my bitter start in Philips last year, I have grown to be a potential resource in this team ever since I joined the GXR team (General X-ray) in last August, which is now renamed to DXR (Diagnostic X-ray).... Chitra (X-ray Program manager in blr) said that my ass ll be on fire, and now I feel its really time to feel the heat...

No comments:

Post a Comment